2 November 2012

What's inside my make-up bag...





As you can see by now I'm a bit of a make-up fan.  So I thought it might be beneficial for you to know, what I personally rely on, on a day to day basis.  So I poured the contents of my Make-up bag out, with a few added additions.
I am a strong believer of having a well prepped canvas before slapping on anything, so that means cleanse, tone and moisturise.  I cleanse mainly using Dermalogica products such as Pre-cleanse or Daily Microfoliant, if not both.  A spritz of Jurliqes Balancing rosewater mist and finish with Cauldalies Vinoperfect moisturiser.
I don't tend to wear foundation, I usually stick to tinted moisturisers, I swear by Niveas daily tinted moisturiser, easily absorbed, it pretty much does what its supposed to.  However, for those bad days I love Giorgio Armani's UV Silk foundation, it's light, but still gives good coverage.

I know a common problem for many of us are those bags under our eyes, and a friend recently asked what i would suggest. In a nutshell, Highlight where you can, foundations contain illuminating pigments, which can sometimes come out a bit too shiny, for a more subtle highlighting effect Touche Eclat does the job, however Topshop does a great alternative called Brighten, for half the price.  Add a touch under the eyes, along cheekbones, before applying concealer. I flit between Boing by benefit, which gives great coverage and easily applied, so is handy when your on the go.  MAC pro long wear concealer does the job any day.  I use this on any blemishes, under the eyes and sometimes even add a bit into my tinted moisturiser.  When banishing those under eye bags, do bare in mind not to go ridiculously pale, thinking this will counteract the bags...it won't. you will come out with panda eyes.  Instead stick to your natural  shade if not slightly darker, also make sure you use the heat of your fingers to gently blend it in, don't just smear it on.

Powder is a personal choice, if like me you get a shiny T-zone or just want to set your base, I would suggest a blotting powder or translucent powder.  Slick on some liner flicks, Rimmel Liners are cheap and have never let me down, especially when I am prone to losing them on every night out. Lashings of mascara, don't forget to curl beforehand.  I tend to use, not just one mascara but two, I like to mix it up and feel one just doesn't do the job.  L'Oreals volume lash million, to tame and separate, followed by Bourjois Volume Glamour Max.

I am obsessed with Rosey cheeks ATM, so whether your into blush or cremes, MAC and even Bourjois have some lush shades.  I get a bit carried away with MACS Dolly Mixture

Carmex is my lip saviour I always have about three of these little beauties rolling round my bag, along with a selection of lip colours ranging from Barry M's coral to my favourite ATM, Sleeks Matt colour in Stiletto.

Give some or none of these a go, and let me know what you think...

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment