21 October 2014

Wedding fair cherry popped!

Having entered the world of weddings from the sidelines.  So to speak years ago, by being lucky enough to be part of a brides special day, creating their special day hair and make-up.  This weekend I threw myself into a whole new side of bridal mania.  "The wedding fair!".  Having doe my research from areas, stall presentation and etticate.  I thought I would ease myself in gently and so attended the De Vere Hotel branch in Denham, who were holding a fair within their venue.



Marked with a vintage car, which always helps sets the scene for any wedding theme, we walked in to get set up.  Attendees were greeted with a glass of bubble and goody bag  on entering the fair, they were then left to wander the various exhibits ranging from musicians, photographers, cakes and even a master of ceremony.  



 



Oh and of course not forgetting myself as hair and make-up.


On researching my stall, I decided I wanted a no fuss vintage feel…I know as if it would be anything else.  At the same time I needed to stand out from the crowd.  I had my bridal folio on a slideshow loop, I proceeded to get stuck in with a few up door  for my helpers to model, showing some of the possibilities in hair ideas.  A jar of cheeky chocolates were planted, to entice people over…everyone loves a freebie.




 

 Flyers and business cards were at the ready for those who could not stop and chat.  I did simply request prospective clients, stick their details on a luggage tag for me to contact them nearer their chosen date, if they so desired.


 Just some doos I whipped up whilst the room was filling.  Once interest had been gathered, I happily chatted to all brides who came my way, as did my kind helpers.  Note to myself,  I maybe would stick to my slide show playing my work, instead of adding unnecessary pressure by styling hair at the venue, especially as you do need to be ready to chat to anyone making an enquiry.   This was why easing myself in with a low key event was so important. The first was bound to show the do's and don'ts through a bit of trial and error.


Oh the choccies went down well, even if that is one of my helpers…helping herself!

All in all I felt pleased with my stall as a first timer, I stood out and seemed to generate a fair amount of attention.  It can be both hard for the guests and vendors to ask the right questions.  I believe strongly in not forcing yourself on possible clients.  Offer advice by all means, but it needs to be their choice if they want further info.  You run the risk of coming across to pushy and no one wants that.  Think outside the box and make your stall stand out from the rest, it is the small personal touches that matter.  Always offer a freebie, goody bags, choccies or even information in the form of a flyer.  Clients with shove this away in their bags, but I guarantee they will revisit that stash of fair goodies.

The proof will be in the pudding 2015 could prove to be a busy year!

Lx








No comments:

Post a Comment