12 April 2013

Lash it up!

I am sure like many of you, finding the right mascara has proven a challenge.  I have followed my own rule of never just sticking to the one.  Separate lashes with one kind and add volume with another.  That's just me though.
So Below I have selected just a few mascaras, I think do a pretty good job solo, I even took the liberty of getting opinions from friends, so don't just go on my word.
At the top is my old faithful L'Oreals Volume million lash.  When the flimsy comb mascaras were hitting the shops, I was not a fan.  So when L'Oreal brought out Volume Million lash, I was hooked.  The brush had the comb effect, with all the power of a brush, great for separating those lashes in a sweep.  Unfortunately it would dry out pretty quickly, proving a small fortune being spent on mascara.

However not just content with Lash Million, probably due to the unfortunate fact, i have short stumpy lashes.  I would add some extra volume using Bourgois Volume Glamour Max, with its great brush...not too big, not to small, just right to take hold of lashes lengthening and volumising as it goes.  Downside, again it dries out pretty quick.
False lash effect from Max factor, with its chunky fibred wand.  Is great for those gals lucky enough to have lengthy lashes.  Lashes are lengthened and injected with a coating of black, giving those lashes a generous fullness.
Last but definitely not least...my favourite find!  Is Rocket Volume, by Maybeline.  This beauty I am pleased to announce, has been used solo.  I have not needed to double up with another brand.  With its' fibred wand.... "is it a brush or is it a comb?" effect, it both separates and lengthens.  A friend, at a loss when forgetting her mascara, borrowed this secret weapon and she was sold.  Off out she went the very next day to purchase it for herself.  You will find no smudgeyness after a days wear and mine is still yet to dry out.  Available in waterproof as well, however I personally am not the biggest fan or waterproof mascaras.  I find mascara can be a nightmare as it is to get off, let alone being waterproof...I need all the lashes I can get.
So get lashed up ladies and give this fine selection a go.

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment